1. Describe your signature style in 5 words: Storytelling: transfer, photos, fabric, color
I like the freedom of choice, serendipity and texture of mixed media which I translate into books, paintings, collage and yes, quilts.
3. What's coming up for you in your artistic world? My latest book, Creative Image Transfer, comes out July 2014. I just completed an article for the Nov/Dec issue of Studios magazine so now its time to start work on my 7th book, a Quotes Illustrated workbook. I am also preparing projects for a few episodes of Quilting Arts TV. Oh! And there's a new product launch...
6. What are the 5 essential things in your studio that you cannot live without? computer, gesso, scissors, TAP Transfer Artist Paper, iron
7. What is on your design table right now? 26 books, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, remnants of my latest hand-printed Printed Fabric Bee fabric and a Pigma pen.
8. How do you juggle your artistic life, family, friends, etc?
After 42 years of constant advanced juggling (including swords and fire) I like to pretend that part of my life is over. In reality, there will always be a juggle, hopefully with fewer balls in the air. You just do it. The true priorities are always in flux and rise to the top all on their own. I just step up, do what's on top and move on to the next thing. I like to stay busy.
9. Do you have any studio companions (human or otherwise)? Just me, myself and I, if I'm lucky.