1. Describe your signature style in 5 words: Experimental, Digital, Innovative, Mixed Media, Introspective
2. Do you ever work in another medium and, if so, what is it and what appeals to you about it? Yes. I enjoy Mixed Media Collage, Encaustic Collage and Art Journals. Paper is the common element in all of these. The tactile nature of paper is similar to cloth. Each surface brings it’s own feel and sound. The receptivity to paint and digital processes make it appealing in a similar way to fabric.
3. What's coming up for you in your artistic world? I am teaching several times a year for a while with the current list on my blog, as well as a list of my general offerings. I have a special venue, a 2015 Caribbean Cruise called Fiber Art Directions! Hope you can join us! Teaching allows expression of a different sort, sharing my joy de vive with art!
4. Do you have any studio rituals? I like to jump in first thing in the morning and often work in my PJ’s! I’m fresh, ideas are fresh and the light is great. And I have great paintery PJ’s!
5. Who has inspired you on your artistic journey? There are so many numerous wonderful inspirational artists of all media! I truly am blessed to be able to share the artist’s eye, to see though their window!
6. What are the 5 essential things in your studio that you cannot live without? Epson Printers, paint, mediums, 36” high work table and lots of windows!
7. What is on your design table right now? A bunch of digital samples for my Digital Fiber Workshop, more to come!
8. How do you juggle your artistic life, family, friends, etc? This is a difficult. Women artists, especially, suffer from a special kind of balance stress. Artists see so much, feel much and share so much yet sometimes those we love don’t get as much.
9. Do you have any studio companions (human or otherwise)? I used to. My big black labbie, Elly, was my studio mascot for years. She passed shortly before I gave up my large studio, outside my home. My next dog will probably be a miniature dachshund, to match my new studio.