Victoria Findlay Wolfe
New York, New York
1. How do you describe yourself? Open minded, and on a joyful path.
2. What is your creative process? My process is all improv based, I get an idea, and start putting and making a parts department, and I begin pushing fabrics and colors around. I love the free form path of exploration. I never quite know where my designs will lead me...
3, Describe your studio space. A long rectangle, with enough wall space to work on 10 quilts at a time...Fabrics are neatly folded and kept neat, the rest fo the space can get quite messy. But that is how you know things are happening! I have three regular juke's, one sit down Juki, and one Juki longer machine in this space...I float around in different projects, depending on when I feel inspired. I have a lot of good light steaming in as well. If only I had a good window washer... LOL.
4. What's your signature style? Scraps. I start with scraps, and build fabric, until an idea hits. How long did it take you to find your style when you first started making art quilts? It's what I learned, and how I've always worked. It’s been an investigation of the process ever since.
5. Are there artistic endeavors you are yet to do? I wait for the day to show me what's next.
6. Do you keep a sketchbook and/or journal? No, I do not...But I do take a lot of photographs.
7. Being published is important to artists, so do you have any instructional dvd's, author of books, YouTube channel, have a website with other artists for collaborative projects?
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.
15 Minutes of Play
Double wedding Ring Quilts: traditions Made Modern
8. Do you teach?
Sept 8-10 National Quilt Museum: 3 day Double Wedding Rings
Sept. 19th Warwick Valley guild workshop
Sept. 24th Quilters Take Manhattan
October 15-16th, Warwick Valley Quilt Guild Show
October 19th Pieceful Patchers lecture, Williston, NY
November 8-9 Calico Cutters, Philadelphia, PA
Oct 26 /Nov 6 - Fall Quilt Market
Nov 14th Long Island Quilters Society
Nov 30-Dec 4th Hudson River Valley Art School
Jan CRAFT NAPA!
Feb 16-19: QuiltCon!
Feb 26- March 3rd. Empty Spools 5day Double Wedding Ring Class
9. Having your work in juried, invitationals, and solo shows is a great way to get your name out there. Where can people see your work? Houston International Quilt Festival, QuiltCon, Yvonne Porcella Memorial exhibit, World Quilt Festival, MQX
10. How many years have you had your work in d@8 exhibits, or is this your first time? Second time.
Do you have a special memory about Yvonne Porcella that you would like to share with us? Her smile and twinkle in her eye, Yvonne lived her life as joyfully and creatively as possible.