Larkin Jean Van Horn
Whidbey Island, Washington
1. Describe your signature style in 5 words: abstract, richly colored, spiritually symbolic
3. What's coming up for you in your artistic world? Two solo exhibitions: one at the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center in Tillamook, OR in September 2014, and the other at the LaConner Quilt and Textile Museum in LaConner, WA in January 2015.
5. Who has inspired you on your artistic journey? My three muses: my Grandmother Grace and her sisters, Helen and Nonie. They are all departed now, but each in her own way encouraged me when no one else did.
6. What are the 5 essential things in your studio that you cannot live without? Fabric, threads, beads, needles, scissors.
7. What is on your design table right now? My entry for the Sacred Threads exhibit.
8. How do you juggle your artistic life, family, friends, etc? Gently. I take my art making seriously, but the care of family and friends is just as important.
9. Do you have any studio companions (human or otherwise)? Music.