Jeannie P. Moore
1. Describe your signature style in 5 words: Graphic, mixed-media, painterly, surface designer
3. What's coming up for you in your artistic world? Creating new quilts for shows is my priority at the moment. I’m in SAQA Silver at IQF in Houston, Butterfly Whirl in Texas, SAQA Radical Elements and my SAQA Seasonal Palette quilt is traveling to 4 continents.
5. Who has inspired you on your artistic journey? The Modern Quilt movement is inspiring me at the moment.
6. What are the 5 essential things in your studio that you cannot live without? Thermofax screens, gel medium, misty-fuse, paint and my computer.
7. What is on your design table right now? I just cleaned it! The water-soluble crayons haven’t been put away yet.
8. How do you juggle your artistic life, family, friends, etc? It’s not so much a juggling act now that the kids have moved out. My husband has as many activities as I do but at 5pm everyday we meet in the patio with a glass of wine to talk (without electronic devices).
9. Do you have any studio companions (human or otherwise)? Rocky my 15 year old cat lives in my studio and Izzy the puppy visits.